Thursday 5 April 2012

My Take - Lotus Herbals 3-in-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock

You know how as soon as Delhi shows signs of going from chilly fog to blistering heat we all run to the stores looking for the perfect sunscreen to protect the very skin we have nurtured all through the winter months?
Yeah well that didnt happen to me this time.What did happen was a search for a foundation that sits light on my skin during summers. The SA suggested Lotus Herbals 3-in-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock and though I am not a great fan of Lotus products (my first brush with the extremely oily/sticky lotus sunscreen was a disaster) I liked the runny consistency of this particular product and decided to buy it.

I have been using it for about 2 months now and have no complaints.It mostly does what it claims :
  • Protects the skin from sun damage (PA+++ and SPF 40 take care of UVA and UVB rays)
  • Mattifies the skin (Sweat appears 4-5 hours later as opposed to 15 min later for me)
  • Skin lightening (Can't say I noticed much difference)
This is a tinted moisturiser more than anything and applies really sheer.Not much good if you are looking for any kind of coverage.I use loose powder over it to add staying power and provide some coverage.My Faces Mineral Loose Powder (Golden Beige 04) has been a Godsend so far.
The formula is a bit runny and spreads easily and has some shimmer to it.
Pros:

  1. Tinted sunscreen (twin function)
  2. Covers both UVA and UVB rays - broad spectrum
  3. Spreads easily
  4. Has a little shimmer to give a slight glow
  5. Matte finish for the skin
  6. Thin so skin does not feel packed on
  7. Handy tube with small opening.
  8. Easy to travel
  9. Inexpensive : INR 175 for 60 g
  10. Light fragrance
Cons:
  1. Contains Methyl Paraben
  2. A little sticky feeling if you apply with your hands
  3. Mattening effect lasts only about 4 hours (in Delhi in April)
  4. Sheer - No coverage at all
  5. If you apply too much to an area and rub, it dries and turns into little balls.
I like to apply it with my powder brush from QVS, it doesn't streak and gives me even coverage that way. 
Would I buy it again? Hmmmm no.I found Neutrogena Sunscreen Spray works better for me,its transparent and broad spectrum, and for coverage under it I use the Pond's TM.So its better that way.

I give it: 3.5/5











































No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...