Tuesday 10 April 2012

My first HG product - Pond's Pore Tightening Facial Foam


This Facewash has given me what no other facewash has – a skin with smoother pores (for a while anyway!)
My face has a weird texture, with small pores in the forehead and temples and cheeks and huge pores on the nose. My entire journey of beauty products began with the search for a suitable facewash/toner that could close these pores and give me a smoother surface if only for short periods of time. I tried facewashes from Forest Essentials, Garnier, Olay, L’Oreal, Lakme, Aroma Magic, Biotique and even Pond’s. The search stopped with Pond’s …….. Presenting Pond's Pore tightening Facial Foam

This was a part of my haul from UrbanTouch (For a review of the website go here) in the month of February and I have loved using it ever since then. This lil cutie comes in a 50g tube for INR 65 .It is a thick formulation of what Pond’s calls glacial clay (I’m assuming it’s the fine sediments found in moraines caused by attrition while the glacier moves).
It’s a slightly plum gray shade with shimmer and gives you a cooling sensation on application. Forms a rich lather and leaves your face squeaky clean (literally!) I use it with my hands every single day, or on my TBS facial buffer if I’m exfoliating.

Pros:
Closes pores- Perspiration on my face is delayed by 5 hours or so, in the Delhi heat, while travelling in buses!
Cooling sensation
Thick formula – need to use very little each time
Rich lather
Does not dry out my face (I'm dry combination skin)
Inexpensive
Easily available
Travels easily - comes in tube form
Has nozzle for controlled squeezing
No Parabens
Contains Kaolin  

Cons: wish the effect lasted even longer

This facewash gives me freedom to do more with my cosmetics without worrying about exposing my large pores. It keeps the shine off my face which otherwise bothered me a lot and allows me to stay matte longer, even in the summers.I even keep a tube of it in my office drawer, for the days when i have a meeting in the evening or just need to feel fresher!

Buying it again? You Bet!

I give it: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...